GNTLMN - Product Design & Branding
Role: Co-Founder (2012-2014)
In 2012, I became obsessed with handmade men's accessories and home goods. I found that the Why and Who behind these items received far less attention than the What. So we decided to do something about it by telling the stories behind the products.
GNTLMN collaborated with craftspeople to create handmade, attractive and enduring accessories and home goods. We shared stories behind each product and maker, and sold limited runs of a co-designed product.
- Launched and sold out five products.
- Published mini documentaries and photo essays behind each product and maker.
- Coverage from GQ, JackThreads, Thrillist, and more.
- Served customers in 13 different countries.
WeTransfer - Curation & Partnerships
Role: Curator (2013-2016)
I was raised by a family of artists. It was a great education for my role as the curator of WeTransfer's featured visual artists program.
In 2014, my role was expanded to build a bridge between the music industry and WeTransfer, creating high profile partnerships aimed at growing the user base and empowering artists.
WeTransfer is an online file-transferring platform. Facilitating over 2 million transfers each day, for 20 million active monthly users, and 250 million page views. Five percent of all background images feature wallpaper art by visual creatives.
- Identified 500+ top visual creatives, created a database and handled all outreach.
- Featured 180 creatives, generating over 15M page visits.
- Established relationships with top 10 visual creative programs in the US.
Family Records - Label + Artist Management
Role: Founder (2007-2015)
Family Records is a small but tenacious music company, run by artists infected with the moon-headed notion that songs can improve the world.
As a solo founder of an indie, I wore many hats including production, art direction, operations, marketing, A&R, etc. After I was able to expand our team, my focus shifted to handling partnerships and the overall creative direction.
- Released 86 records and 21 music videos.
- Placed songs in commercials for Apple, Verizon, Honda, and others.
- Reached #1 on Billboard's Heatseeker chart.
- Organized 500+ concerts in 17 countries, sold to fans in 62 countries.
Cross-Pollination - A Concert Series
Role: Co-Founder and Curator (2003-2009)
Cross-Pollination was a weekly concert series in NYC, with at it's core the process of creative collaboration and community building.
The New York Times called it "an impressive feat of indie gumption", while Gothamist praised our atmosphere as something “we can only imagine was going on below 14th Street when Gothamist wasn’t quite old enough to walk yet”.
- 300 consecutive Tuesday night concerts.
- Coverage from NYT, Stereogum, Brooklyn Vegan, Time Out, and many more.
- Featured 120 artists including Lana del Rey, Kimya Dawson, Melody Gardot, The Antlers, Langhorne Slim, My Brightest Diamond, Frightened Rabbit, and more.
- Long-running promotional content partnership with Amazon's Amie Street.